App Crashing

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  AutoCar 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
     Markthespark says:

Markthespark
    Participant

Anyone have issues with the Lightwave plus app crashing. Everytime i open it, it crashes immediately. I have tried i ios Reset, reinstalled the app ios update and nothing works

darkmutton says:

darkmutton
    Participant

Yup, mine was crashing last week. Contacted support, again!! And had to have a full reset. Everything worked fine for a day and then app told me I had to re link the hub and wouldn’t go any further, had no heating over xmas so it’s going onto eBay in the new year.

AutoCar says:

AutoCar
    Participant

I have the same problem?

So did you reset the Lightwave Plus box? Or did they have to do something at the lightwave server end. Mine is the same so I need to do the same but I have never been able to get any response out of support? The number on the website just gives a recorded message when I have tried it and no response to the numerous emails I have sent?

I plan to use HomeKit, but was going to register it all on the Lightwave Plus box first, then log into HomeKit, unless anyone knows better.

Thanks

Jon

Markthespark says:

Markthespark
    Participant

My phone is still the same Jon. Likewise not been able to get hold of lightwave to find a fix. I think its an issue with the app. My wife had a earlier version and was still working. When she did an app update it also starting crashing on her phone. Hopefully they come up with a new update shortly to resolve

Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

Not had any problems with the app crashing. I’m using latest LightwaveRF app version 3.2.10 and latest Apple iOS version 11.2.1.
    I have the app settings ‘Start Page’ as ‘Rooms’ and I don’t have ‘Show room images’ turned on, if that’s any help.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 6 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
       Markthespark says:

Markthespark
      Participant

Jules thank you i assume you are on Generation 1 with that version app number, this was particular question was on the lightwave link plus which is for Generation 2. Gen 2 currently only up to app version 1.3.5

I have since made contact with the support team and been given the procedure for the factory reset of the generation 2 lightwave link plus hub, is as follows

You can now reset the Link plus,
      1. Unplug the Link Plus from the Mains
      2. Hold your finger on the link button (chain button) Do not let go
      3. Plug the power back to the unit while holding your finger on the link button still
      4. Wait for the link to go to solid yellow , now let go and tap the link buttons once quick

I then deleted and reinstalled app and logged back in. I was then able to relink all my devices one by one. Painful process but got there in the end.

Im seemingly thinking the app glitch is around the automation of groups which i will refrain from using until i see a new update

Jules says:

Jules
      Participant

Apologies, I didn’t spot that you have the new Lightwave Link Plus controller.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
        Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 6 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
         h3mp says:

h3mp
        Participant

I had a similar issue a while back with the new app crashing..
        I tried deleting it, rebooting phone, reinstalling etc all to no avail.
        Issue was caused by the data on lightwave’s server – had to contact them and they fixed something

AutoCar says:

AutoCar
        Participant

Many thanks MarkTheSpark, I have followed your advice and am now in a much better position with the App not crashing.

In addition to your advice I also had to create a new login to the app, I could use old login with the app but it would not let me add anything. When I created the new login and added the Link Plus box the rooms appeared but not the devices as previously however I was able to add ‘most devices.

Also during adding devices it would stop letting me add new devices, at this point I rebooted Link Plus box (and iPhone for good measure) and was then able to continue.

Again for good measure I cleared the memory on all the TRV’s, I think they still had generation 1 information in them. The process for this is “To completely clear the memory of the TRV, press and release the linking button. Then hold the linking button until the LEDs flash rapidly. Finally, press and release the linking button once more. The o LED should flash.”

I have now added all but one device (which just won’t connect) to the LW+ APP. At this point I then switched to Homekit and set everything up in there

I am now unable to setup automations for gen1 switches which was working before , but as I said I now have the heating working so thanks for you post

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.