Announcement via RNS – Oh Dear

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > JSJS Designs > Announcement via… > Page 2

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums JSJS Designs Announcement via RNS – Oh Dear

This topic contains 44 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
     djtomkins says:

djtomkins
    Participant

Or how about this – I’m willing to pre-pay on 8 TRVs, 2 IR cameras, one heating controller and possibly more on a guaranteed delivery date no more than 3 months in the future.

Two floors tooled up for light and power! Lighting circuits: 5 x 1 gang, 5 x 2 gang, 3 x 3 gang, 6 relay circuits, mainly LEDHut 5W LEDs (91!) but also outdoor SON lamps, LED kitchen lights, LED candle bulbs, halogen bulbs and a dimmable CFL, 5 mood controllers, two remote switches, 2 PIRs. Power: one remote socket, 9 plug in modules. Patiently waited for the heating modules for years, and am a little underwhelmed....flirting with evohome....and please don't tell me "there is a better way" and try to sel
     LittleColin says:

LittleColin
    Participant

Is the Windows Phone app out yet? I couldn’t find it in the store.

Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

Sorry, looks like I was referring to a Windows 8 app:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/app/lightwaverf/49252150-4862-43c8-bbf1-6ac07fbcdd52

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

“Since the old app was built by W5H, a company run by David Griffiths, who is also listed as an employee on the JSJS Website, I’m having trouble understanding why the development of a new app isn’t being done quicker”

I spoke to someone at JSJS called David back in September after having initial set up issues and at the end of the phone call I asked him when the ‘stop’ feature will be added to the android app, he replied something along the lines of “you’re asking the right person, I’m the software guy and I’ll be finishing the apps next week.”

Maybe there is something more to it, maybe the new apps and new hardware are 2 way comm and leave us all with hundreds of quids worth of 1st generation tat! Imagine that?  They wouldn’t do that, would they?

I’d be very interested to hear any feedback from you guys who are going to the GS.

LittleColin says:

LittleColin
    Participant
     rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

It does read as though capital is needed to manufacture. £500,000 is not a lot but I have no doubt it will generate a big import of goods to be retailed. I do not know what the margins are but my guess is £500k will probably generate a few million pounds worth of retail sales. That then generates the cash flow for more orders and you have lift off if handled correctly. It’s the sort of capitalisation Pebble needed and got using Kickstarter. The banks today are simply not lending as they used to.

Like many readers here I like the LightwaveRF product. I am just about order more gear for the electrics on a my kitchen refit. I want/need central heating controls!

The two big problems today for innovators are ensuring gear is compliant with regulations and getting funding. Get over that hurdle and you should be on a roll.

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

It does read as though capital is needed to manufacture. £500,000 is not a lot but I have no doubt it will generate a big import of goods to be retailed. I do not know what the margins are but my guess is £500k will probably generate a few million pounds worth of retail sales. That then generates the cash flow for more orders and you have lift off if handled correctly. It’s the sort of capitalisation Pebble needed and got using Kickstarter. The banks today are simply not lending as they used to.

Like many readers here I like the LightwaveRF product. I am just about order more gear for the electrics on a my kitchen refit. I want/need central heating controls!

The two big problems today for innovators are ensuring gear is compliant with regulations and getting funding. Get over that hurdle and you should be on a roll.

I am sure they have many per-order customers and many of us prepared to pay something up front as well, just as with the Kickstarter process.

bfrost says:

bfrost
    Participant

Ah well, I’ve already spent several hundred pounds on installing their dimmers, wifi link and remotes and I keep waiting for their heating controls. So, with some trepidation I’ve recognised their good design and products, looked at the terrible share price slump and bought £1000 worth, I’ve never held 193,737 shares in any company before! Here’s hoping….

Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

As Victor Kyam said in the 80′s “I liked the [shaver] so much, I bought the company”!

Hehe. 193,737 sounds loads until you remember that there will be over 700 million in circulation by the time they have placed their new batch!

I have a small holding in JSJS Designs (way less than £1000), but what is troubling me is the fact that they, surely, will never reach even the dizzy heights of even £1 a share. With 700 million in circulation, that would value the company at a bit short of a billion quid! Oh well, I suppose providing I make back what I put in, I’ll be a happy bunny (having initially bought in at 1.2p, my average is currently about 0.7p). I’m holding out until they have finished falling and I will average down again.

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     eviltom says:

eviltom
    Participant

Question for those that have invested:

I like the idea of investing in JSJS. It will hopefully help them with the funding they need to move things forward. I think the products they have out are really good they certainly seem to be able to get their kit into big retailers stores so there’s a good chance they’ll get there in the end. It may also return a little profit.

However I have never bought shares before so I wouldn’t know where to start. I don’t even know if it would be worth me investing in the low amounts I would be (probably <£200, since that’s the most I could afford to loose) since somewhere along the line a broker would want a cut.

Is a small scale investment for a newbie worth perusing, or am I wasting my time?

(Obviously not asking anyone for stock market  ’advice’, I’d go into it with the opinion that if I got my money back at some point in the future I’d be doing fairly well.)

Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

With Internet trading commonplace nowadays it is easy to buy and sell shares. Most banks have a sharedealing arm – i trade through Halifax. Standard charge is £11.95 but quite often they do specials where you can trade for a couple of pounds.

I’ve also just come across this site having purchased a few dimmers,plugins  and the wifi link. Got to say that I’m really impressed. Was a bit disheartened to find out that Jsjs appear to have working capital concerns at the moment. The product is really good and I can see a good future if they can get through this period. I’m tempted to invest a small amount at the current price although may wait until after the placing on the 18th.

Aside, what happens if the jsjs servers go down? Does it just mean no outside Internet control? I’m assuming the wifi link doesn’t need an active link to function and that it all could be still controlled via local wifi on the iPhone? What about time settings?

Lightwave switches, sockets, PIRs, contact sensors, LED strips & relays. Running on RaspberryPi with Domoticz to incorporate RF temperature sensors & IP cams. Still running WiFi link alongside!
     bfrost says:

bfrost
    Participant

Its really easy to buy shares. Go to a site like Interactive Investor or Hargreaves Lansdown, open a free account. Now you can choose to trade using an ISA (if you’ve not used up your yearly allowance elsewhere) or just a trading account. Go the ISA route for zero tax if you can. Simply fund your account with a debit card, say £100 and you will see ‘£100 available to trade’. Type in JSJS as the company code and you will be given a quote there and then. Click ‘accept’ and you are proud owner of (lots) of JSJS shares. You may lose all of your £100. On the other hand, if they do well, and particularly if they are taken over, you may get back several times your investment. If we all buy some, the price goes up anyway!

FWIW you can read about their final results pulished yesterday here : http://www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=201303280701180746B

WARNING. I am not an advisor, I am not connected to JSJS and my views are my own. Take my suggestions at your own risk.

Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

I use Hargreaves Lansdown. 11.95 fixed price trades. Just remember this when dabbling. My first trades were with £50 and I bought a 1000 shares. Then it dawned on me that the cash was useless just sitting there so I bought a 1000 more. Two trades at 11.95 each and I had burned half my money in commission! I don’t do that anymore, just tell HL to give me as many shares as they can get for the amount of money I want to spend and include the charges. Makes for nice round cash amounts if not nice round share numbers.

I had to phone HL once. No queue and a HUMAN answered the phone. I was rather surprised. :-) f

Don’t forget, the value of your investment may go down as well as up. The trick is not to invest money you can’t afford to lose!

eviltom says:

eviltom
    Participant

Thanks guys. Will do some reading and research.

I have heard of Hargreaves Lansdown actually, I vaguely remember my Dad getting post from them years ago when such things went straight over my head!

Mr T says:

Mr T
    Participant

I’ve been wanting to buy a few shares.

is the a per annum fee with Hargreaves or just the trading fee?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by