Alexa – have to same room name for unique device

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Alexa – have to same room name for unique device

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  davefoster 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Rikrok says:

Rikrok
    Participant

I recently bought an Echo Dot after seeing the lightwave skill. It’s great but I have one dehumidifier and it’s in the kitchen plugged into a lighwave plug-in on/off. At the moment I have to say, “Alexa, turn on kitchen dehumidifier”, I’d like to just be able to say, “Alexa, turn on dehumidifier”. Could this be implemented? It would be nice if you’ve only got one of something to not have to specify where it is.

GlynH says:

GlynH
    Participant

Late reply so I’m guessing you have it figured out by now but for anyone else who might be looking to do the same;

Create a Group in the Alexa app and call it Dehumidifier.

Add the LWRF switch controlling the Dehumidifier into this group.

Assuming Alexa can clearly understand the word Dehumidifier then you should be able to tell Alexa to turn Dehumidifier on.

By default she looks at any user-created Groups first and she will turn on whatever is in that group is if you want another device to be switched at the same time as the dehumidifier than just add the device into the same group.

All within the constraint to of Alexa of course as it is far from perfect…

Hope that helps?

Kind regards,
    -=Glyn=-

davefoster says:

davefoster
    Participant

It only works in region bases, I mean only limited countries can command this device. I thought its brand name powered by Amazon really that universally accepted, but it wasn’t. Brought this on my Vacation in Thailand, but nothing seems to work.

Regards,
    Dave|eatmywords.com/services/business-name-ideas/?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.