Alexa and Gen1 devices with LinkPlus – issues

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Alexa and Gen1 devi…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Alexa and Gen1 devices with LinkPlus – issues

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sarren 3 days, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
     sarren says:

sarren
    Participant

Hi – I’ve just installed a Gen2 Link Plus, Gen2 socket and 3 Gen1 in-line relays to control the blinds.

All seems ok in the LWRF app and works fine, however when I try to get them to work in Alexa, only the Gen2 sockets are detected by Alexa. I’ve tried resetting Alexa, resetting the LinkPlus, uninstalling and reinstalling the skill in Alexa, but still none of the Gen1 devices are detected in Alexa.

Anyone else have the same problem getting Alexa to detect the Gen1 devices through LinkPlus? Or any advice on how to get this working as I was looking forward to using Alexa to control the blinds.

Cheers

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

i’ve literally just removed the gen1 stuff from my gen2 app (as it became a pain running a gen1 and gen2 setup in parallel)

but, this certainly was working for me a week ago – I had a gen1 relay working under the gen2 app/link and it showed up in alexa.

in the amazon app, when you press “discover devices” you only have the socket appear then? nothing else at all?

sarren says:

sarren
    Participant

Correct. The Gen1 inline relays work fine in the LW app (except dusk and dawn automation – wrong times and doesn’t actually open/close, but works fine if I use a specific time) but Alexa doesn’t “discover” them. I assume they are picked up from the LW account and don’t physically need pairing hence why I was confused as I’ve read other people have been able to use Gen1 products with Alexa.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

yes – the “discovery” just pulls the devices from your lightwave account
    maybe the device hasn’t sync’d to your account and is only on the phone – do you have a 2nd phone/table where you can install the gen2 app and check the devices are actually sync’d with lightwave?

sarren says:

sarren
    Participant

Thanks for the advice. The relays are on the LW app on every phone/tablet I have, but not on Alexa !?! I’ve just installed another 2 relays for two other blinds in a different room and they come up in the app but not detected on the Alexa app.

Time to try and get some help from LW support…

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Are you absolutely sure you have enabled the Linkplus skill in Alexa as you may have enabled the skill for G1 users?

sarren says:

sarren
    Participant

That’s what I’ve done (see screenshot). I even disabled skill and re-enabled the Linkplus skill to try reconnecting to Linkplus but still no Gen1 relays

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

just a thought…
    I had my relays set up as plug sockets in lightwave as i only wanted on/off.
    maybe alexa doesn’t understand the relay type.
    try adding a new gen1 plug socket, pair that with the relay too – see if it magically appears – might explain the problem if it does.

sarren says:

sarren
    Participant

Great – will try that when I get home. My wife call LW but didn’t fully understand what they were suggesting, so I’ll have to call them next week if your idea doesn’t work.

Cheers

sarren says:

sarren
    Participant

After going around the houses a bit with LIghtwave customer services and Alexa customer services, I’ve been told that it is an Alexa issue and there have been many complaints about the LightwaveRF Link Plus skill in Alexa not detecting Gen 1 products. They state the engineers are working on this but no idea when this will be resolved. A bit disappointing as I know many people have got Gen 1 devices to work, but hopefully they will resolve this soon!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.