Access PIR and activating hall an stairs lighting

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Access PIR and acti…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Access PIR and activating hall an stairs lighting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  d3lost 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     d3lost says:

d3lost
    Participant

Hi all

Just registared today after buying some kit, but i do have something i really would like to acheive via this system, due to having two young adults in the family who lilike to go clubbing till the early hours.

Here is what i would like to do:
    We have a porch leading into the hall and stairs

i would like to put a PIR in the porch to activate a light in the porch and also the downstairs lights in the hall and up at the top of the stairs on a dimmed state at say 40% or there abouts but i want to do this to be active say after 12 pm.

But before that i would also like to be able to activate the downstairs hall and porch lights when we come in from work but to have full power in the hall.

as you guys have been using this kit before im sure there must be a way to do this, any ideas bare in mind im new to this so a bit of a walk though would be helpful on how to set it up on an ipad etc.

Thanks
    Tony

AlexS says:

AlexS
    Participant

Hi

first thing to say is that the easiest way to achieve the desired result in this kind of situation would be to utilise the pir as a ‘trigger’. This would send a message to the wifilink and begin an intelligent ‘sequence’ or macro which could enact the necessary chain of events. However, triggers are not quite ready to be released yet – they are a complex wifilink upgrade which is still being written (though is not too far away).

For the mean time you can only rely on the fact that the pirs can trigger receivers (eg dimmers). However, in combination with a wifilink, this should still achieve most of what you want.

1) Pair a PIR to the porch and downstairs and stairs lights. Set the pir to only trigger in darkness (or reduced light). This will ensure that the lights are only triggered when it is dark. Also ensure that the pir is in a place in the porch where it will only be triggered once when you walk in – not repeatedly.

2) Set a timer for the the downstairs hall and porch lights to turn them on to full power and off again, using a daily timer on the wifilink, and set to occur In the late afternoon, before you come home from work (every weekday). This will ensure that when you come in and the pir is triggered, the lights go stragiht to full brightness. You cannot prevent the stairs light from coming on as well using only pir, however if, in the timer, you also set this light to a very low dim setting, you can make sure it only comes on at a very low level.

3) set another timer after 12 to set the lights to come on to 40% and straight off again. This will ensure that when the pir is triggered after 12 the lights will only come on to 40%.

Hope this makes sense – its not as complex in practice as it sounds – took a bit of thought but should work!

Alex

d3lost says:

d3lost
    Participant

Cheers Alex I will give it a go and let you know, I will bring the faulty switch to the grand designs show on Saturday, this one works sort of.?

Now it works both lights from down starirs but the slave does not work upstairs
    Both LEDs are working even goes to blue when pressed but will not turn on the upstairs light.

It will not turn on or off from the slave any ideas why?

Thanks for your help
    Tony

d3lost says:

d3lost
    Participant

Thanks Alex received the replacement single
    Thanks
    Tony

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.