A wireless switch to turn on/off a group of lights?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion A wireless switch to turn on/off a group of lights?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     LEEBOW says:

LEEBOW
    Participant

Hi,

I’m loving Alexa to say “outside lights on” – and it turns my group of “outside” lights – which is 4 inline relays around the garden. It’s just voice recognition doesn’t work every time.

Do lightwave sell a switch/button – which can do the same? So I can have 1 on/off button – that controls my 4 relays?

Thanks for the help!

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

You should be able to by a wireless switch or a remote control and pair each of the relays to the same switch / button and it will operate the relays together
    https://lightwaverf.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/LW201-and-205.pdf
    https://www.lightwaverf.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/JSJSLW100-Handheld-Remote1.pdf

I have found both Alexa and google, have hearing problems sometimes you can say the same phrase multiple times, sometimes they hear and some they don’t therefore I prefer the physical remotes as they are easier to pick up and press, than having to get your phone out, open the app, and press the button, or remember the right phrase to say

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     LEEBOW says:

LEEBOW
    Participant

Thanks for the fast reply :)

Does that mean actually going round and pairing up the relays? They are in some very hard to reach places.

I was hoping more for the way Alexa does it – software based – or using the lightwave app.

Thanks again for reply :)

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

Sorry If you want a physical switch then the only way is to pair them directly with the switch, the only other way is to group them as an event in the app, you would then have to open the app to start the event or can be done on a timer
    Another physical way would be to pair them with a PIR

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.