I found this a challenging exercise. LW’s instructions are sketchy. So here’s my idiot’s guide.
Turn the lights on, POP THE RCB and make sure the lights are not live: are they now off, and can you get them to come on?
Remember that sometimes with lights on landings spread over several floors you may find two gang switches with each switch on a different RCB!
1. Wiring. Assume you have two switches. SW1 has a live and switched earth, plus a 3 core & earth. SW2 has the 3 core and earth. Typical wiring you will find in a rocker switch is:
- switched live plus blue from the 3 core into L1
- live plus yellow from the 3 core into L2
- red from the 3 core into C
- the same as SW1 but without the live and switched live.
2. The easy wiring solution for the LW switches is
- live plus the yellow into C (the first terminal)
- switched live plus the blue into the third terminal (with the symbol)
- cap off the red from the 3 core
- the same as LWSW1 but without the live and switched live (ie cap off the red from the 3 core at that end too).
3. Reconnect the power. Now the fun begins. Check that LWSW1 turns the light on, then off, then repeat for LWSW2. THen make sure both switches are off.
4. Add LWSW1 to the App. Then go into the Edit screen, tap “Calibrate”, make sure it is set as Master, and tap “Update”. Exit that screen and then REMEMBER TO SAVE YOUR SETTINGS.
5. Add LWSW2 to the App. Go I tot the Edit screen, tap “Calibrate” and make sure it is set as Slave. Tap Update, exit that screen and REMEMBER TO SAVE YOUR SETTINGS.
6. Create an automation which groups both LWSW1 and LWSW2 as switches. Save it.
7. Create an automation which groups both LWSW1 and LWSW2 for brightness. Save it.
And now you should be done.
6. Create an automation
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.