400 Series Dimmers now available and 10% OFF at LightwaveRF.co.uk to celebrate!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Special Offers > 400 Series Dimmers… > Page 5

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Special Offers 400 Series Dimmers now available and 10% OFF at LightwaveRF.co.uk to celebrate!

This topic contains 78 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
     Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

No thats the link I posted. I can’t source the Megaman candles. Which ones did you order from ledbulbs as they haven’t got the megaman ones in stock?

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

4 x 5 watt B22 Megaman Dimmable Incanda-LEDs

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Yep they are the ones out of stock. I’ll keep looking

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Well the dimmers have arrived and I have a problem once the switch is wired in the amber LED is flashing continuously. The instructions suggest that the memory is Full but I have no way of clearing it.

Any suggestions?

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Think I’ve found the problem. I’m trying to connect the unit to a two way switch. The old setup with the 200 series dimmer required another switch in the room to be on for the lightwave switch to have power. The other switch has CFL lighting connected to it hence why I couldn’t use a lightwave slave.

The new 400 series will not accept this and has to be connected specifically to a lightwave slave which causes a problem as I’m now going to have to rewire the other end of the switch to be a permanent live.

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Remember the 400 series dimmers are not compatible with the 200 series slaves. They blow them. Probably the current from the centre terminal that connects to the slave is too great. Thats what happened to me and resulted in LightwaveRF posting their note about it a week or so ago. Rather than use slaves I think a much better (and cheaper) solution is the wireless switch. It mounts just like a normal light switch, needs no wiring up and you simply pair it with the 400 master. For those who get confused about two way wiring it removes all the hassle.

I do not know if you have timers already set but if so and use the current IOS app you may find that if say you pair the app to the new switch today then save your settings and download them to another device, your timers do not come on tonight, particularly ones set to dusk. It postpones the start time of operation of some timers for at least 24 hours. They do all come back into line without you doing anything except lights for 24 hours on timers do not always come on when they should. This is a bug in the IOS and will be rectified in the next upgrade which is coming out with the heating upgrade – hopefully soon!

Richard.

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Thats the problem Richard the circuit is a triple gang switch at one side of the room which has CFL lighting running off it as well as the kitchen spots. The third switch here powers the lightwave switch when it is in the on position. This worked fine with the 200 series dimmer, however clearly another quirk of the 400 series is that you cannot do that so I need to find a work around. Using a wireless slave is not an option due to the two other gangs that need to be on the circuit that are not lightwave compatible.

Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

MBS Home Automation VERY Competeative Prices – NEW EShop now LIVE !!

10 to 20% Cheaper than Maplin, Screwfix and Lightwaverf.co.uk !!

ESHOP http://www.MBS-HomeAutomation.com

WebSite http://www.MBS-HomeAutomation.co.uk

Thanks for Reading :-)

Cheers, Mike.
     rummage says:

rummage
    Participant

I really can not get over this, but maybe i am wrong.

From reading what is going on here, can someone confirm that the new 400 series dimmers do not have soft start with any type of lamp?

IE led or halogen, no soft start. Would they have really been that stupid to have removed that feature, it’s the one thing that stands them out of the crowd.

I was just about to order 9x dimmers (2way – 4way) but came across this. No way am i going to order if they don’t have soft start.

Is it really true that the 400 do not have soft start with any type of lamps.

If someone can confirm this i would be very grateful?

As if this comapnay could not get any more frustrating!!!!!!! It’s ridiculous!

Any help, much appreciated.

thanks

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

No soft start whatsoever. Also the internals are much larger. You really need a 35mm minimum backbox to accommodate it without seriously crimping the wires.

rummage says:

rummage
    Participant

Thanks for the reply chopper!

appreciate it.

I can not believe it, what a joke. Well in that case it’s been said before and i really didn’t want to believe it, but i have no choice now, they are going down the drain……….

can it get any worse. haha

dazz-led says:

dazz-led
    Participant

Hi,

We have a small company that provides LED lamps which are very good with Lutron and Rako – recently we produced a new low cost 7W Dimmable LED GU10 (this has an IC dimming circuit which works well with the usual Varilight VPRO or Aurora DSP400x dimmers) – we supply this as a trade product to electricians and developers. (Details http://www.dazz-led.com/products/spotlight/item/7-gu10/18-7w-dimmable-led-gu10.html)

We have just tried them with the new Lightwaverf 400 series dimmer and they seem to work very well – no flicker at the widest dimming range (is that level 1 or level 5?) with 1 to 10 lamps.

As the the official Lightwaverf compatibility guide now seems to only be for Megaman lamps – we were wondering if anyone on this site would like to test the lamps in real settings and provide us with some feedback. We will send you some lamps (free), but please confirm you have the 400 series dimmers – contact us on lightwaverf@dazz-led.com

If we get positive feedback from some of the knowledgeable contributors on this site – we will think about setting up a retail site to sell these – but first we want to confirm that the lamps work well with real users.

PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Dazz, just wondering have you tried these with the 200 series dimmers ?

Phil

Gone in at the deep end and learning with RPI, RFX, Conrad, WiFi link, 5 PIRs, 5 Door sensors, 18 light switches, 22 sockets and 4 Mood controllers all running on Domoticz. Normal comment I get is, whats wrong with just turning on a switch....
     dazz-led says:

dazz-led
    Participant

Hi Phil,

These definitely will NOT work satisfactorily with the 200 series – we were going to get ones manufactured which worked with 200 series but once the 400 series was out decided to support that one – unfortunately the best dimming circuitry for 400 series is different to the 200 series.

If you have 200 series – why not go for the Savelight 7W which seems to be the most compatible one for 200 series as tested by JSJS?

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Well Megaman seem to have the same problem as Lightwave having replaced my dimmers and searching all over for the E14 screw cap dimmable candles they are out of stock everywhere – lots of frustrated retailers and suppliers.

Anyone tested any other compatible LED candle bulbs that are dimmable and work well with the 400 series?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by