400 Series Dimmers now available and 10% OFF at LightwaveRF.co.uk to celebrate!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Special Offers > 400 Series Dimmers… > Page 4

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Special Offers 400 Series Dimmers now available and 10% OFF at LightwaveRF.co.uk to celebrate!

This topic contains 78 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
     rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Bulbs have not arrived yet but have on order:

3.5 watt Megaman Dimmable IncandaLED Golf Balls – three of these for a light fitting

5 watt Megaman Dimmable Incanda-LED Candle – four of these for four wall lights taking B22 candle bulbs.

Have ordered these from Ledbulbs.co.uk who obtained a bulb compatibility list from Megaman to confirm they all should work.

I will report in when they are here and installed.

I notice the 400 series dimmer switches are more “instant” on switch on than the 200 series

Richard.

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Thanks for taking the time out to reply Richard sounds very similar to my set up.

Looking forward to your update.

Carl

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Just spoke to Megaman and they have sent me this compatibility link;

http://www.megamanuk.com/lightwaverf/compatibility-with-megaman-lamps/

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Its the one I have. Note they seem to indicate one bulb should work.

hussein says:

hussein
    Participant

I now have 3.5W Megaman 148064 IncandaLED 250lm lamps replacing my 7W Megaman 148760 400lm ones. Works perfectly, and excellent lamps they are too – small size, nice looking ‘sparkle’ effect and very useful light output. I think the clear 7W lamps I had suffered from quite a poor reflector design which means I haven’t experienced as much a drop in light output as I had expected.

All in all, a good result.

http://hussein.jodiyawalla.co.uk/
     Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Cheers bud will get some of these ordered for the kitchen.

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Took the plunge and ordered some.

Managed to get the Megaman golf ball bulbs but everywhere is out of stock of the candles, I’m looking for an E14 screw fitting and need 15 bulbs if anyone knows where I can get some from that would be great?

hussein says:

hussein
    Participant

Yeah the 5W Megaman 143167 IncandaLED 400lm E14 Candles are out of stock with Megaman themselves at the moment.

http://hussein.jodiyawalla.co.uk/
     rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Chopper,

Does one Megaman golf ball work on its own, which is what the compatibility sheet implies?

Richard.

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Will let you know once they arrive Richard. The dimmers are here today, hopefully the bulbs tomorrow.

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Good news.

My bulbs have arrived. I ordered 3 of 3.5w Megaman Incanda-LED Golf Balls to go in a ceiling light fitting that takes 3 bulbs and 4 of 5w Megaman Incanda-LEDs candle shaped B22s to go in four wall lights. Both scenarios operated by a 400 series dimmer switch. The bulbs are dimmable ones.

For the first time ever there is no problem even with just one bulb in, it is off when meant to be off. Usually I always found one bulb on its own was certain to stay on and in most cases three bulbs. Not with these. Interesting, as with the Golf Balls three 7 watt LEDs of a different type all stayed on but here we have a 3.5 watt on its own and no problem.

It looks at last that the compatibility problem is being addressed.

Also the bulbs are more than adequate, give a bright light and dim to an acceptable degree although i note I can adjust the degree of dimming by configuring the switch.

Am happy now! Except where are my heating controls!

Richard.

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Excellent news Richard.

My new dimmers have arrived and hopefully the golf ball bulbs come today too. Still searching for the candles which seem to be out of stock everywhere till end of the month.

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Got my B22 5 watt candles from http://www.ledbulbs.co.uk They proved to be very helpful and they are the ones who did the checking for me and obtained the Megaman compatibility list. When I saw the latter and it indicates just one bulb on its own I must say I had doubts but I was wrong.

Richard.

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Have you got a link to the product page? Are these the ones you have working in your setup Richard?

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by