400 Series Dimmers now available and 10% OFF at LightwaveRF.co.uk to celebrate!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Special Offers > 400 Series Dimmers…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Special Offers 400 Series Dimmers now available and 10% OFF at LightwaveRF.co.uk to celebrate!

This topic contains 78 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author
     Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

To celebrate the stocking of the new ’400 Series’ LED Compatible Dimmer switches, LightwaveRF.co.uk have asked me to share an EXCLUSIVE discount code worth 10% off all purchases until the 15th June only.

Simply use this link: http://www.lightwaverf.co.uk/, add your products to your basket and use the code “LWRFCF10″ at the checkout to get 10% off your total order.

Remember, this code expires on the 15th June, so use it quickly for the best prices on LightwaveRF Dimmers currently available on the market.

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     Davey says:

Davey
    Participant

Yikes not cheap!

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Thanks Chris. Timely. I was about to order a couple of switches and a socket.

Richard (patiently waiting for his heating controls!)

cndawes says:

cndawes
    Participant

Great news!

I wonder if the new 400s work with the old slaves or if I need to buy a new slave too …???

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

I have wondered the same and will find our soon as have ordered a couple switches. Will report back, hopefully in a few days.

markk says:

markk
    Participant

I have wondered the same and will find our soon as have ordered a couple switches. Will report back, hopefully in a few days.

I’d be really interested to know too. I have 5 Megaman dimmable 3w G9 LEDs in my hallway and landing lights but had to leave an “ordinary” 40w lamp in each to stop the strobe effect. Would love to be able to add a sixth. I don’t mind just replacing the master dimmer to fix this but would be reluctant to splash out on a replacement slave too.

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on raspberry pi3. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating and cooling.
     cndawes says:

cndawes
    Participant

Thanks rhlangdon and markk. Looking forwards to your response :)

crikeyjp says:

crikeyjp
    Participant

Chris,

I have my hands on a couple of 420s (2-gang masters) and have installed one on a circuit with 6 of the LEDs recommended on this site from LEDhut. Sadly they don’t work as well as the old ’200 series’ switches as the ‘soft-on’ functionality works as a 2-stage step rather than a continuous increment.

I thought you may want to update the site recommendation as it no longer seems valid.

Also, has anyone managed to gather if these switches have a 2-way communication facility (i.e. a status reporting function like z-wave) as speculated, or does the ’2-way’ function mentioned in the specs merely refer to the ability to master/slave these devices?

Cheers,
    Jon.

Justin says:

Justin
    Participant

I would like to know how these work with 1 LED lamp in a circuit, particularly if megaman have had input in to this.

Wifi link, plug in adapter's, wall and mood switches. Heating controls sometime?? We'll see. Lol
     rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Am told I should receive my order tomorrow. Will report back.

crikeyjp says:

crikeyjp
    Participant

Had a bit of time to play with the 420 and have confirmed that the ‘soft on/off’ function no longer works with these 4W bulbs linked on the site. I replaced the 420 with a 220 and now get a smooth on/off again. This is true with a 2 bulb, a 5 bulb and a 6 bulb circuit.

Thought this might be useful to people before they invest…

markk says:

markk
    Participant

Had a bit of time to play with the 420 and have confirmed that the ‘soft on/off’ function no longer works with these 4W bulbs linked on the site. I replaced the 420 with a 220 and now get a smooth on/off again. This is true with a 2 bulb, a 5 bulb and a 6 bulb circuit.

Thought this might be useful to people before they invest…

Thanks for the update. The soft on soft off is pretty important to me. Probably one of the best features of the dimmers. If you just want an of/off that looks nice and can be remotely controlled you might be better going for the Livolo since they are a fraction of the price: http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-livolo-touch-switch.html

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on raspberry pi3. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating and cooling.
     Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

Thanks for the update, useful to know. I was thinking about replacing two of my dimmers with 400 series as each is connected to a single wall light with a small golf ball in it (I have two wall lights mounted low next to my bed with a dimmer directly below it – a bit hotel like). I’ve kind of got the LED bug and just want rid of all my incandescents, even if running the incandescent for 10 minutes per day costs me less than buying a dimmer and LED would :-s

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,
    it seems there is yet another issue, one of the things I love about LWRF is the soft start.
    have tried a few LEDs now, without much success, going to be sticking with the Incan’s better, softer light, ok costs more to run, but im happy with them.

maybe another year or so down the line, n maybe another company.

Gone in at the deep end and learning with RPI, RFX, Conrad, WiFi link, 5 PIRs, 5 Door sensors, 18 light switches, 22 sockets and 4 Mood controllers all running on Domoticz. Normal comment I get is, whats wrong with just turning on a switch....
     crikeyjp says:

crikeyjp
    Participant

Yeah, the soft on/off is important to me too. But even an instant on/off is preferable to the 2-steps exhibited by the new switches using the LEDs recommended here.

The (expensive) lesson for me on this one is I should have bought all the 200 switches at the same time as I spent several hundred pounds on LEDs for the whole house. I got distracted by the announcement of the 400 switches and their potential for 2-way communication – which seems to be a false rumour. I now have to source the remaining 200 range switches for my house is a rapidly disappearing market. Did a 100-mile round trip for a few yesterday!

Chris, it really would be wise to remove the LED recommendations on the site as they are now very misleading.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by