4-way ‘bank’ selection on Remote Control

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > 4-way ‘bank’ select…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting 4-way ‘bank’ selection on Remote Control

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AndreWilley 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     AndreWilley says:

AndreWilley
    Participant

I’ve put all our room lighting onto bank ‘A’ of a four-way remote control, and the power sockets on bank ‘D’ so they can’t be accidentally turned off by a wayward little finger (or even a grown-up one! :) ), as expected. However the extra ‘Off’ button on the lower-left of the remote, rather than turning off JUST the four items in the currently selected bank, actually turns off ALL items in all banks – even all the unselected stuff in banks B, C and D. Is this the intended function (not ideal!) or have I found a bug?

Andre

AlexS says:

AlexS
    Participant

Hi Andre – no this is the intended function – it is an ‘all off’ command designed to turn off everything that the remote is paired to. I understand why you want it to operate a bank instead but equally some people wanted a general ‘all off’ for all devices so it had to be either/or and we ended up going for the latter.

AndreWilley says:

AndreWilley
    Participant

Thanks Alex, I’ve already removed all the power-socket pairings from bank ‘D’ after I turned our TiVo box and the answerphone off by accident. I was far too easy to do!

I’ll just use a seperate remote control – a black one for moodlights, and a spare white for mains power sockets. Easily sorted anyway, if a bit of a shame it didn’t work as I had expected a ‘bank’ mode to function.

Andre

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.