3-way dimmer not working with G4 Halogens and dimmable transformer

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting 3-way dimmer not working with G4 Halogens and dimmable transformer

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Gooman 3 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Gooman says:

Gooman
    Participant

I just purchased an LW230 from the outlet store. I’ve installed it, but it’s not working. All dimmer LEDs are glowing amber, with the Master-1 glowing on and off slowly. No button presses work.

The load on each gang is as follows:
    Master-1: Aurora RD-60 20-60VA transformer supplying 3x10W G4 Halogen
    Master-2: Aurora RD-210 50-210VA transformer supplying 15x10W G4 Halogen
    Master-3: 2 x Aurora RD-60 20-60VA transformer each supplying 3x10W G4 Haolgen

I’ve tried switching the loads on Master-1 and Master-2 (in case it needed a higher load on Master-1 to function) but it made no difference – still getting the slow glow/blink of the amber LED.

The instructions confirm that the LW230 works with dimmable electronic low voltage transformers, and the Aurora round transformers are specced as dimmable.

What’s happening here?

Gooman says:

Gooman
    Participant

A further note … I remember reading somewhere that the 3 gangs are in series somehow.

Each lighting group in the setup above have their own live. Master-1 and Master-3 are powered from a separate circuit from Master-2 … is this the likely cause of the problem?

If so, how should I wire them to solve it?

Gooman says:

Gooman
    Participant

Problem solved … dimble-brain here had wired the load to the “S” connections rather than “switched”! Luckily no damage done, and all now working well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.