2 way switch questions

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > 2 way switch questi…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lwrfdaz 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     Lwrfdaz says:

Lwrfdaz
    Participant

Is it possible to use a 2 way switch as 1 way?
    If I have a 2 way, 2 gang switch, can I use 1 gang as 2 way and 1 gang as 1 way?

Thanks.

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

Depends on which generation you are talking about.

Gen 1 had master switches and slave switches. To make a 2 way circuit you needed a master and a slave.

So a 2 gang master could be used with a single gang slave for the 2 way circuit and the other gang used as a 1 way.

Gen 2 works differently.

Lwrfdaz says:

Lwrfdaz
    Participant

Thanks.

My switches are gen 1, 2 Gang (Slave and Master) so it sounds like when used together both gangs will only work as 2 way.

Where I want to install each switch there is already a 1 way and 2 way connection so what I have is not going to work!

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

What part number switches do you have? It would also help to spell out what circuits you are trying to control.

LW420 is master/master – each gang can control a 1 way or be used in conjunction with separate slave to make a 2 way

LW452 is slave/ slave – each must be used in conjunction with a separate master and 2 way wiring

LW455 is master/slave. The master can be used to control a 1 way or with a separate slave a 2 way. The slave must be used with a separate master to control a 2 way.

Normally one can avoid using the last one (which is more expensive) by allocating master / slaves correctly.

Note that you can also simulate 2 way operation by using the wirefree swithces which are paired with a master to remotely control it without needing 2 way wiring.

Lwrfdaz says:

Lwrfdaz
    Participant

All gangs are 452. One switch has 2 x slave, the other 2 x master.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.