2 Way Feedback Devices are Coming — Confirmed

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion 2 Way Feedback Devices are Coming — Confirmed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  h3mp 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     SiobhanB says:

SiobhanB
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to shared something. The LWRF CEO confirmed to me on Twitter today that with the new HomeKt certification will be some new devices that have two-way feedback.

I was just starting to move away from LWRF for this reason. I’ll stick with my Vera Plus Controller, but having devices that can have their state queried is enough to make me stick with them.

Thought I’d share the good news :)

Siobhan.

jamieburchell says:

jamieburchell
    Participant

That is good news unless you’ve already invested heavily in all the existing kit, and then replaced all your 200 series dimmers with 400 series so they work with LEDs… how many times does a person need to buy a light switch?

I won’t be upgrading because I can’t justify buying it all again.

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Philips seem to have a better answer by incorporating all the wireless stuff in the bulb

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I don’t disagree that the bulb (or light fitting) is the best place for the technology to be.. (as that’s how you would achieve flawless dimming)

But the Phillips way is also a compromise as you still have light switches that now can disable the lights from working!

What we really need is the smart bits up in the ceiling, and some kind of slavereplacement switch that communicates with the lights!?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.