2-way control for 2 separate light circuits in the same room.

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion 2-way control for 2 separate light circuits in the same room.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  btidey 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     peter01242 says:

peter01242
    Participant

I have two sets of lights in one room, on separate circuits, controlled via an 2-gang on/off switch by the door and a 2-gang dimmer switch at the other end of the room. I would like to replace these with LighwaverRF dimmer switches in both locations.

Replacing the existing 2-gang dimmer switch with a 2-gang master dimmer should be relatively straight-forward, but I am unsure as to whether the on/off switch needs to be replaced by a 2-gang master dimmer or 2-gang slave dimmer.

Any advice gratefully received.
    Thanks.

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

You need a 2 gang master in one location and a 2 gang slave in the other.

You can’t leave an on/off switch in place as that would cut the power to the other LightwaveRF unit.

I would also do a quick check behind the existing switches first as 2 way wiring does have some variations. If you have 3 wires (not counting earth) for each gang then the wiring is normal and the replacement should be fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.