2-gang switch and app stopped working overnight?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting 2-gang switch and app stopped working overnight?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Grunthos 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     Avel says:

Avel
    Participant

Hi all,
    I got up this morning and my 2 gang dimmer wasn’t functioning via Alexa (physical switch on wall is working fine). I am not very techy, but eventually I established that the devices show offline to Alexa, unplugging and replugging the RF Link didn’t do anything (light shows as green), and the app says “You do not currently have network connectivity” when I try to log in to it.

Any suggestions? I do have network connectivity generally, and a hub reboot didn’t do anything…

Thanks!

iainbalmer says:

iainbalmer
    Participant

Hi,

Same here. App updated overnight, now I get “you do not currently have network connectivity”.

The app won’t login, Alexa connectivity doesn’t work either. I guess we have to wait until they fix whatever it is they’ve broken in the apps authentication process.

I was thinking about switching over to Gen2, but I think the quality of the software updates, the lack of a clear QA program, and zero communication really makes me wonder if I want to put the control of my home automation into their hands. Alternatives need to be looked at.

quattrotech says:

quattrotech
    Participant

Ditto.

Alexa can’t find anything. Android app not working.

Clearly this technology is too centralised and not distributed.

Very annoyed!!

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

Seems to be working for me now. At least my android app is working the lights remotely…

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

I agree with ianbalmer.
    I expect to be moving soon. At that point I’ll probably be selling off my existing kit and investing in something else.
    Hardware price rises aside; Lightwaverf have frequently shown themselves to be incapable of of basic Quality Assurance and, with no control over when they update my hub firmware, I will be moving to better run company or at least something where I have control.
    It is such a shame…

iainbalmer says:

iainbalmer
    Participant

Great, so someone put money in the meter, and now the apps can authenticate. Great it is working, but until someone explains what happened, I’m not relying on this as a service at home. Other services have a dashboard to alert of potential issues, what have we got here? Keep trying and cross your fingers? Sorry, that doesn’t fly.

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

Ha, just checked my android app settiings: after previous release fiascos I have auto update disabled. Maybe that’s why mine still works :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.